Here's how we're doing on our Summer Bucket List?
This past week we had VBS all week, which was so much fun. The kids were sad it was over. We also signed up for the Dickinson Summer Movie Vacation Series. It only cost us $8 per person for 8 weeks worth of movies. On Monday we saw Puss & Boots. The movie series is great for those really hot days.
We also went to Music with Mar. on Tuesday. It's a music and movement class for Preschoolers that uses music as a teaching tool. The cost is only $7 per family and is a national program. You'd be surprised, there could be a class location near you!
We also repeated a couple of things by going back to the Kansas City Zoo and Powell Gardens since we have family passes. And we also visited one of our favorite parks.
Whew! It was a busy, but fun week. This week we're going to try to add in Blueberry Picking and maybe Deanna Rose Farm.
Don't forget to sign up for the Summer Bucket List at The Happy Family Movement. It's a fun FREE way to stay accountable for all your summer plans for the kids. Sign up and tell us about your Summer adventures, get Free fun activities, and the best part, be eligible for Weekly Prizes (Your Retail Helper gave away a prize worth $119).
By the way, here's the link for a Free downloadable template for a Summer Passport at HeatherCarson.net. It was super easy to make.
Our 2012 Summer Bucket List.
- Create our 1st Annual Children's Art Fair
- Vacation Bible School
- Play Dates
- Deanna Rose Farm - Monday through Thursday
- Library - Every Week for their Summer Reading Program
- Family Movie Night
- Catch Fireflies
- Craft Projects
- Backyard Obstacle Course
- Summer Reading Program - 15 minutes a day reading. A must before they can do any video/computer games.
- Burr Oak - Blue Springs
- Waterfall - Independence
- Spray Parks - Independence
- George Owen's Nature Park - Independence
- Lowenstein - Lee's Summit
- Legacy Park - Lee's Summit
- Winterset Nature Park - Lee's Summit
- Harris - Lee's Summit
- Frontier Park (Pirate Ship Playground) - Olathe, KS
- Antioch Park / Old Dodge Town Playground - Merriam, KS
Paid Activities ($ - nominal cost, $$ - moderate cost, $$$ - expensive)
- Music with Mar. - Lee's Summit / Every Tuesday at 10 am - $
- Bowling - $$
- Plant Flowers - $
- Kansas City Zoo (Family Pass) - $
- Paradise Park - $$
- Kid Zone (Groupon) - $
- Wonderscope (Groupon) - $
- Waterpark - Independence or Lee's Summit - $$
- Shatto Farms - $
- Train ride on Amtrack from Lee's Summit to Downtown Kansas City / Lunch at Crown Center - $$
- Crown Center Lego Land - $$$
- Kansas City Sea Life Aquarium - $$$
- Nelson-Atkins Art Museum - $$
- 1-2 Live Theatre Performances - $$
- Powell Gardens - $$
- Blueberry Patch - $
- Dickinson Summer Movie Vacation Series - $
- Magic House - St Louis
- St. Louis Zoo - Free admission
- Grants Farm - St Louis - Free admission / Parking $10+
- St Louis Science Center - Free admission
Don’t want to miss a single deal? Go here to get Hot Deals sent directly to your Inbox! Thanks for joining Your Retail Helper.
This post may contain affiliate links. Go here to see our full Disclosure Statement.